Thursday, January 7, 2010

How can I convert this waffle recipe into a pancake recipe?

I found a yummy gingerbread waffle recipe and thought it was perfect for Christmas morning. But then I remembered I sold my waffle maker at a garage sale because I never used it. (Dang it.)


How can I convert this recipe into a pancake recipe and do you think it would taste good? OR do you know of any gingerbread pancake recipes?


3 cups all-purpose flour


4 teaspoons baking powder


2 teaspoons ground cinnamon


2 teaspoons ground ginger


1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg


1/2 teaspoon salt


4 large eggs


2/3 cup packed dark brown sugar


1 cup canned pumpkin puree


1 1/4 cups milk


1/2 cup molasses


1/2 cup (1 stick) melted butter, plus some to butter the iron


Syrup


whipped cream or fresh fruits





Preheat waffle iron. In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt. In a medium bowl, beat eggs and brown sugar until fluffy, then beat in pumpkin, milk, molasses and melted butter. Stir the wet into dry until just moist. Do not over stir the waffle batter. Brush the iron with a little melted butter and cook 4 waffles, 4 sections each. Serve with toppings of choice.


(I got this recipe from Little Momma %26amp; Co.)How can I convert this waffle recipe into a pancake recipe?
I usually use the same recipe for both my waffles and pancakes. It'd be alright, try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment