Thursday, December 24, 2009

Need healthy recipes for Waffle-Crazy kids!?

My kids love waffles however I don't like that lack of nutrition and high-fat, lack of fiber, etc that they have. So, I am looking for the following: A delicious low-fat whole wheat/grain waffle recipe (free of egg/butter/oil if possible) AND a great tasting pancacke/waffle syrup that is free of corn syrup. I would like responses from something you have made and tried yourself and know is good and ';kid-proof';. Thanks a lot for your help! It is much appreciated.Need healthy recipes for Waffle-Crazy kids!?
Train them away from syrup-type toppings altogether. Try powdered sugar, fruit, pie filling, preserves or jam, peanut butter, etc.





I've got 11 waffle recipes, but every one of them includes egg and oil. The nature of waffles may require both. My how-to page says that when waffles stick to a well-seasoned waffle iron, often it's because the recipe doesn't contain enough oil or other fat. The fat is required for the characteristic crisp outer surface and soft interior.

No comments:

Post a Comment